Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Books I am reading

Disgrace by JM Coetzee
This is a novel by the Nobel Prize winner. I finished the Chinese translation in 2 days with great impact. A painful story of how a man fell gradually in the society. I don't know whether girls would like it as it is told from a very 'man' angle. And obviously this is why I echo so much of the pain in the book.

A Transatlantic Love Affair: Letters to Nelson Algren by Simone De Beauvoir.
It is not a secret that SB has lovers other than Sartre. NA is a not-so-famous Chicago novelist she met in her US trip. They have a love affair which lasted for 17 years, and she wrote more than 300 letters. I am reading the Chinese version slowly. I should have bought the English version as SB wrote in her simple English which I would enjoy.

Matthew Scudder series by Lawrence Block
I have already finished 10 books in this crime story series. It is becoming an irrational indulgence. I am obviously emotionally attached to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger nam said...

dear boss,

i have finished the book you have given to me, "disgrace". i can't enjoy much to read this book, however, i can "see" (not feel)the pain of a man who is helpless and hopeless.

again, wanna tell you that, i love the photos in your blog, esp. the one with sunshine=).

12:31 PM  
Blogger louisykl said...

Hahaha. I like "see"(not feel).

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home